It’s been a while since I posted a recipe, and this one has been sat waiting for quite a while! Matcha green tea lattes are my Saturday morning pleasure, when I have more time and patience to brew this.
In all honesty, this recipe is quick and easy to make, but it takes a little more stirring and cup swapping than a coffee or tea. My quick and dirty trick to simplifying this, while also making it vegan, is to use coconut milk powder* from The Coconut Co – a little like cornflower, you’ll need to add water to it independently, and whisk up. It’s also adds a wonderful subtly sweet element to the drink.
If you’d like to know more about matcha green tea and its benefits, read my post on it here.
Matcha green tea latte
1 tsp matcha green tea powder
1 tsp coconut milk powder
Freshly boiled water
- In two separate cups, add your teaspoonfuls of matcha powder and coconut milk powder
- Add a small amount of hot water to both
- Whisk – I use a small frothing whisk, but a bamboo whisk will also work
- Pour into a larger cup, and top up with hot water until you’re happy
- If you’re more of a sweet tooth, add in a drop of agave syrup