Summery weather means summery food. My body is super quick to change it up when the sun comes out, craving sweet salads and cool juices – and this quinoa salad is one of my favourites!
This salad makes the most of my fridge essentials but usually involves a little twist, be that lemon juice, vinegar, or something acidic I’ve got lying around. Quinoa is a great alternative to grains, being a highly nutritious seed, and can make all the difference for coeliacs and those making free-from recipes too.
Plus, I’ve found when I’m in a pinch for time, I can still whip this one up without too much fuss!
Let me know if you give this a go – I love it, and so has everyone I’ve ever made it for too!
Quinoa salad recipe
1 medium tomato
Handful of pine nuts
2 tsp tahini
Splash of extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of sea salt
Splash of apple cider vinegar
- Boil water, and add to a pan with your quinoa, leaving on a medium heat
- Wash and dice your cucumber and tomato as your quinoa simmers
- In a small frying pan, add some pine nuts (no oil) and dry fry until they’re golden brown – keep an eye on these, as they burn quickly
- Remove your pine nuts from the heat
- Once the quinoa has swollen and is showing little white sprouts, also remove from the stove and strain any excess liquid
- In a bowl, put your cucumber, tomato, and quinoa together – it’s now time to get fancy!
- Spoon on your tahini, add your olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt
- Mix mix mix mix mix
- Sprinkle on your pine nuts and voilà! A delicious quinoa salad.