While this dish may be simple, I’ve learnt over the years that often the best tasting wholefood dishes are. This healthy Mediterranean-inspired recipe lets the cashew cheese be the star of the tastebud show, but also nourishes the body with a mix of plants and textures.
I’ve also recently taken spiralising to the next level – I will be comparing my new and old spiralisers on the blog tomorrow, so you can find out the easiest way to create vegetable noodles!
Plant-based Cream Cheese & Courgette Noodles
5 cherry tomatoes
1 medium courgette
2 tbsp smoked paprika casheese*
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small frying pan (if you have one with a lid, use that), add a splash of olive oil and heat
- Add the cherry tomatoes, rolling in the oil quickly, and then pop the lid on, leaving them to sizzle and split their skins
- While the tomatoes are frying, spiralise your courgette, and then add it to the pan, leaving the lid off now and stirring every few minutes
- Once the courgette noodles are soft and warm, slide them into a pasta dish and spoon through the casheese – it will melt a little due to the heat, yum yum yum
- Now pop on the olives, and voilà!