September was a rather cheesy month! Here’s my favourite recipe that I made using the wonderful cashew cheese from Gozo Deli – I can’t wait to get more in my fridge to make it all over again!
While this dish may be simple, I’ve learnt over the years that often the best tasting wholefood dishes are. This healthy Mediterranean-inspired recipe lets the cashew cheese be the star of the tastebud show, but also nourishes the body with a mix of plants and textures.
I’ve also recently taken spiralising to the next level – I will be comparing my new and old spiralisers on the blog tomorrow, so you can find out the easiest way to create vegetable noodles!
Plant-based Cream Cheese & Courgette Noodles
5 cherry tomatoes
1 medium courgette
2 tbsp smoked paprika casheese*
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a small frying pan (if you have one with a lid, use that), add a splash of olive oil and heat
- Add the cherry tomatoes, rolling in the oil quickly, and then pop the lid on, leaving them to sizzle and split their skins
- While the tomatoes are frying, spiralise your courgette, and then add it to the pan, leaving the lid off now and stirring every few minutes
- Once the courgette noodles are soft and warm, slide them into a pasta dish and spoon through the casheese – it will melt a little due to the heat, yum yum yum
- Now pop on the olives, and voilà!