Doesn’t this raw chocolate bark look divine? I’m yet to create some myself, but the lovely Sienna from Happy Healthy Dream got in touch with me to see if she could share her recipe on Curiously Conscious, and of course, I said yes! She creates some really tasty recipes, alongside green beauty reviews, health tips, and more, so I’m very happy to be sharing her raw chocolate creation with you today. Here’s what you need to know about Sienna:
What made you start blogging about healthy and/or green living?
I started blogging about healthy living as I had been living the lifestyle for about 2 years and realised that I wanted to help get the message out there. I was working as an events planner and one day just decided that I couldn’t do another normal job and that I wanted to do something more meaningful with my life. So I decided to start a blog to help people find a healthier, happier them but without feeling like they are missing out.
What type of food do you personally eat, and why?
I am vegan/plant-based/refined sugar free and low gluten: I started eating this way because of a food intolerance and then it slowly become part of my life. I now also believe in this lifestyle as it’s much less harmful to animals as well as being healthier for us.
What else do you enjoy getting up to when not blogging?
I love yoga, I am actually training to become a yoga instructor and will be qualified in October. I also love to travel, shop and read.
Raw Chocolate & Walnut Bark
1/2 cup coconut oil
2 tbsp cacao powder
2 tsp rice syrup or maple syrup
1/3 cup water
3 tbsp crushed walnuts
- In a bowl slowly melt the coconut oil
- Once the coconut oil has completely melted add the cacao powder and stir until you have no lumps
- Add the sweetener and water and stir once again
- Lay a large piece of baking paper out and pour the mixture out on to the paper
- Sprinkle the crushed walnuts over the chocolate mixture and pop into the fridge for 30 minutes
- Once the chocolate has set you can break it up into large chunks and enjoy