Happy pancake day! I whipped up this recipe this morning for my breakfast, and thought it would be a crime not to share it. This super healthy makeover of regular pancakes not only makes them full of protein, but also completely gluten-free and delicious! They also still go pretty well with the regular toppings, lemon and sugar being my favourite, but you can add berries, maple syrup, or anything else you can find in your cupboards!
2 tsp coconut oil
Toppings of your choice!
- In a bowl, mash a banana with a fork (better if ripe or overripe, but it still works if they’re green!)
- Crack an egg onto the mixture and slowly whisk until its beaten into the banana
- In a pan, heat one teaspoon of coconut oil and then add in half the mixture
- Fry for a while, until the edges are crispy, and then (attempt!) to flip, or use a spatula
- Fry the other side for less time, then serve
- Repeat for a second pancake and top with whatever you have handy!