For Christmas, my lovely mum got me a teeny tiny one-man frying pan and egg poacher to boot. Ever since I’ve been adding poached eggs to everything!
So now that my new foodie obsession is out in the open, here is the best poached egg recipe for you to try. This recipe is pretty quick, simple and you can add any salady bits you’ve got lying around too!
Vegetarian Poached Egg Salad Recipe
1 tsp vegetable oil
1 handful of spinach
1 small carrot
- Pour boiling water into a pan, and put onto a medium heat
- Oil two egg poaching parts and place in the pan
- Crack two eggs, into each part respectively and cover the pan with a lid, turning it onto a low heat and leaving to simmer
- While the eggs cook, grate the carrot, slice the tomato and cucumber, and mix with baby spinach leaves
- Once the eggs are cooked, take them from the poacher, pop them onto the salad and score open the yolks
- Sprinkle on a mix of seeds, feta cheese, and lemon juice to bring out the salad’s flavour
- Enjoy with freshly toasted flatbread or by itself!